Let me apologize for my strange disappearance these past few days. I’ve been having so much fun spending time off with my hubby that I sort of put blogging on the back burner for a little bit. However, I don’t guess I really have to apologize if I don’t want to…this is MY blog after all, and should I choose to spend all my time cavorting with my man instead of blogging, I suppose that’s quite alright. ;)

This decadent chocolate fondue is a recipe I’ve been dying to share with you for simply years now. For whatever reason, I never seemed to get a decent picture of it until now, so I’m thrilled to FINALLY share it with you! I make this probably every single Valentine’s Day and sometimes New Year’s Eve or special anniversaries. I just love fondue (especially this recipe because it literally tastes like a liquid version of my Nana’s fudge!). It’s just so much fun to eat and Joel and I always have a great time when I make it. It’s my mom’s recipe (big shocker) and the whole family loves it. And it’s so amazingly quick to make- all you need is about 5 minutes!

Fudgy Chocolate Fondue
-my mother’s recipe

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; add cocoa powder, sugar and milk, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Transfer to a fondue pot.
Serve with cubes of pound cake (I personally love it with cheesecake bites!), strawberries, bananas, oranges and anything else you want! Enjoy!

**If you don’t have a fondue pot, I highly recommend an electric non-stick version- it makes it so much easier for clean up, and I like being able to control the temperature.

1. This looks so yummy! I might have to get a fondue pot…my family would have so much fun dipping goodies in that chocolate! :)

Comment by Karly — January 4, 2011 @ 7:44 PM

2. LOVE fondue! My favorite is the pound cake dipped in the chocolate. Mmmmm! Glad you had a nice time off with your hubby. But, also glad you’re back! :)

Comment by Nikki (Pennies on a Platter) — January 4, 2011 @ 9:39 PM

3. Lady, I am loving those macro shots of chocolate dipped goodness! Everything is better when slathered in chocolate. It’s a fact.

Lindsey- I’m working on getting used to this lens- it’s taking some time but hopefully my shots will start to look half as good as yours soon! :)

Comment by Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot — January 4, 2011 @ 10:08 PM

4. This looks so amazing! I have a few fondue recipe books.. now all I need is a fondue pot. ;) And great photos – hopefully one day my shots can look as good as yours! Great job, love the blog!

Comment by Haley — January 4, 2011 @ 10:53 PM

5. This looks really good. Another good idea is to eliminate the sugar and mix the cocoa powder in with some condensed milk. It is evil and awesome. I’m bookmarking this. :)

Comment by Sarah@buttered-up — January 5, 2011 @ 2:13 AM

6. Gotta make this this instant!

Comment by Jun — January 5, 2011 @ 3:27 AM

7. I suddenly want pound cake….

Comment by Tiffany @ Conor & Bella — January 5, 2011 @ 6:49 AM

8. [...] his birthday he requested chocolate fondue in lieu of a cake. (We used this recipe if anyone is curious. It was divine. I tripled the recipe and put it in a crock pot instead of a [...]

Pingback by Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies — Buns In My Oven — May 25, 2011 @ 6:06 AM

9. You really make it appear really easy with
    your presentation but I in finding this topic to be really
    something that I believe I’d never understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely broad for me. I am having a look forward on your subsequent publish, I’ll attempt to get the hold
    of it!

Comment by Paulina — July 23, 2013 @ 1:09 AM

10. […] dessert, we recommend a sinful and decadent chocolate fondue. Have a varietal selection of fruits, cookies, and candies – we love having strawberries, […]

Pingback by Impress Your Sweetheart: DIY Meals For Your Valentines Dinner | Stella Rosa Wines — February 5, 2014 @ 12:06 PM