Please don’t go running off! I KNOW this smoothie looks anything but appetizing, but trust me- it is! It really is! It’s smooth, refreshing and chock FULL of vitamins and good-for-you fruits and veggies! The reason mine is brown instead of green (like the traditional green monster smoothie) is because I added strawberries and blueberries- those colors together give you….brown. Not pretty but darn tasty!

What is a green monster smoothie, you ask? It’s basically just a fruit smoothie with the addition of fresh spinach (an addition you can’t taste, but your body will thank you for!). Spinach is high in calcium, vitamin A and iron, to name a small few. This smoothie is a great solution for people wanting to get their daily fill of fresh fruits and vegetables; it’s SO good for you. I made these a lot when I was first pregnant…unfortunately, little Peach (as my mother has fondly starting referring to the baby) doesn’t care for them much anymore so I haven’t had one in awhile. Hopefully she (or he!) will come around soon, though! :)

The beauty in these smoothies is that you can use any fruit you like- bananas, strawberries, peaches, plums…whatever! They make a great breakfast or quick power lunch and keep you full and satisfied! Try one! You’ll love it!

Green Monster Smoothie

1 banana, roughly chopped
4 or 5 strawberries
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 small peach, peeled and roughly chopped
1 heaping cup (or more) fresh spinach leaves, thoroughly rinsed
splash vanilla soy milk
1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 cup crushed ice

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
*this recipe makes a very large smoothie- two could easily share.

Recipe source: Sing For Your Supper original

Here are some other great recipes for green monster smoothies:
Annie’s Eats
Oh She Glows
Naturally Ella

1. Great recipe! I usually add avocado to mine too. You can’t taste it and it makes the smoothie very creamy – yum!

Comment by Robby — June 14, 2013 @ 10:22 PM

2. I loved it! It is very fulfilling! I substituted soy milk for almond milk unsweetened and tasted great! Recommended! My husband, who doesn’t like bananas, didn’t complain! 🙂 Great for kids/adults who won’t eat spinach!

Comment by Diana — June 19, 2013 @ 5:47 AM

3. It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d certainly donate to this brilliant blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking and
    adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will talk
    about this website with my Facebook group.
    Talk soon!

Comment by netscreen appliance — June 27, 2013 @ 6:03 AM

4. Try adding a roughly chopped carrot, fresh pineapple (a couple spears), 1/4 of an avocado, 1/2 of a champagne mango, baby bok choy, chia seeds, 1/2 an apple. Yes you get a lot of smoothie but consider it a meal.

Comment by Janice — July 1, 2013 @ 10:04 AM

5. I’ve been making these for the last week, absolutely love them! I add a teaspoon of spirulina and a teaspoon of bee pollen granules for even more goodness x

Comment by Andrea — August 15, 2013 @ 5:40 PM

6. Made my 1 “green” smoothie and completely failed… flushed it down the drain, i literally couldn’t drink it.
    What i used:
    1 cup natural soy milk
    1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
    1 medium tomato
    4 leafs of lettuce
    2 tablespoons of goji berries
    1 medium peach

I prolly just made a horrible combo, i will try again soon :/

Yeah, that’s a pretty odd combo. Maybe start with something a little simpler- like just fruits, spinach, and yogurt.

Comment by polina — September 10, 2013 @ 7:34 AM

7. […] My Favorite “Green” Monster Smoothie Slightly adapted from Sing for your Supper […]

Pingback by My Favorite "Green" Monster Smoothie | Love to be in the Kitchen — September 11, 2013 @ 10:51 PM

8. I know Ms. Gormley and I know that she will make a fine contribution in her new career!

Comment by abebooks used — September 12, 2013 @ 9:51 AM

9. […] Green Monster Smoothie recipe @ singforyoursupperblog […]

Pingback by 42 Healthy Smoothie Recipes — December 28, 2013 @ 11:04 AM

10. Loved this recipe! However, did not soy milk so substituted with almond milk and coconut water. And no honey substituted with 2 tsp. sugar cinnamon. And 1/2 c mixed blue, black, and ras berries! A excellent tasting smoothie. Since, I use a lot of frozen fruit on this one. But like to use fresh for my juicer, the harder fruit like whole pineapple cut, oranges, & apples and other harder vegetables in my juicer. Then the frozen stuff I put with my juice, in my blender and finish it off. Delicious!:-)

Comment by Bonnie — January 18, 2014 @ 9:25 AM

11. […] singforyoursupperblog.com via Tenette on […]

Pingback by Easy Healthy Breakfast | Tenette's Nook — March 3, 2015 @ 10:47 PM

12. […] Blueberry Avocado by Gimme Some Oven 2.  The Kale Oat Blueberry Smoothie by Once Upon A Recipe 3. The Green Monster Smoothie by Sing for Your Supper Blog 4. Blueberry Avocado Detox Smoothie by Jillianastasia 5. The Healthy Blueberry Smoothie by Mother […]

Pingback by A Round Up of My Favorite Healthy Smoothies | African Food Joint — April 13, 2015 @ 4:00 AM

13. Yummy, this is the case when healthy and tasty are combined

Comment by Marie — May 14, 2015 @ 3:32 AM

14. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting Smile I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this!
    whey protein for women

Comment by William S. Nesler — June 5, 2015 @ 1:34 AM

15. Great ideas. Allergic to dairy and soy. Can’t wait to try this recipes with your changes.

Comment by Judy — September 22, 2015 @ 2:58 PM

16. Love smoothies. I make mine with a cup of unsweetened almond milk and 1 scoop of pea protein powder and 1 container plain not fat yogurt if u want high protein you can add a serving of liquid egg whites. All frozen fruit so it stays cold. Can take my time drinking this very filling high protein non bloating. Will try the frozen spinach.

Comment by Cheryl — February 10, 2016 @ 11:06 PM