Well, our sweet Cassidy Grace is finally here! She’s only a week old and we’re already totally and completely smitten (of course, we were smitten at first glance!). She has my hair (red!), eyes and smile, and Joel’s dimples (yay!) and cheeks. She’s just gorgeous! I went in to be induced last Tuesday morning, but ended up having to have an emergency c-section (our girl was just too big!) and Cassidy was born at 8:09 PM. Of course that’s the shortened version and maybe I’ll write the long version soon, but for now all you need to know is that SHE’S HERE! And she’s absolutely perfect…

We were in the hospital 4 days and had a wonderful experience there. Cassidy had so many visitors and wonderful presents! Everybody’s doing great now, although it’s a big adjustment and there’s lots of learning as we go! Even though we’re completely sleep-deprived, Joel and I are the happiest we’ve ever been and our little girl is the greatest blessing we could have ever received!

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers, support and encouragement throughout these nine months. It’s been an incredible journey and my life will forever be changed in the best possible way. I can’t wait to watch this little girl grow (just as long as she does it as slowly as possible!) :)

1. Congrats!! She is so beautiful…enjoy every second!

Comment by Chrissy — February 10, 2012 @ 4:13 AM

2. I’m so happy for your. Congratulations.

Comment by branny — February 10, 2012 @ 5:31 AM

3. She’s gorgeous! Congrats! Hope you can get some sleep momma!
    = )

Comment by Laura — February 10, 2012 @ 5:46 AM

4. YAY! I’m happy everything is okay! You both look so happy. And she is so cute! I hope she’ll start sleeping through the night really soon (that’s probably unreasonable and impossible, but I hope it’ll happen anyway!).

Comment by Erin @ Texanerin Baking — February 10, 2012 @ 5:51 AM

5. She’s beautiful! Congratulations to you and your hubby!! So, just how big was she?

8 pounds, 14 ounces! :)

Jenn Reply:

wow! big beautiful baby girl! :) Congratulations once again!

Comment by Jenn — February 10, 2012 @ 6:19 AM

6. Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl!

Comment by Jeanne — February 10, 2012 @ 7:09 AM

7. Congratulations! So happy for your and Joel. She is beautiful!

Comment by Jade — February 10, 2012 @ 7:11 AM

8. Congratulations! She is beautiful. You both look so happy!

Comment by Marie — February 10, 2012 @ 7:19 AM

9. She’s beautiful! Congratulations!

Comment by Angie — February 10, 2012 @ 8:12 AM

10. She is so beautiful (and so adorable I could just eat up those cheeks!)-Congratulations!!! :)

Comment by Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — February 10, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

11. She’s perfect and gorgeous and adorable and everything a baby girl should be! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Comment by Dana — February 10, 2012 @ 8:48 AM

12. Congratulations!! She is beautiful! I love her head full of hair :)

Comment by Heather — February 10, 2012 @ 9:03 AM

13. Congrats! She is beautiful.

Comment by Jen M O — February 10, 2012 @ 9:06 AM

14. Congrats!! She’s absolutely beautiful.

Comment by Lindsay @ Peace, Love and French Fries — February 10, 2012 @ 9:25 AM

15. Congratulations! Thanks for the update, I was wondering…
    My daughter was born with lots of red hair just like that. She’s been a strawberry blonde for many years, very beautiful shiny red-gold hair. Enjoy these days, don’t worry about house-keeping. It will wait for you!

Comment by Cathy L. — February 10, 2012 @ 9:45 AM

16. Congratulations to you and Joel! She is stunning!! Take a lot of photos as they change everyday.

Comment by Nicole — February 10, 2012 @ 10:41 AM

17. yay! shes so pretty!

Comment by Ellie — February 10, 2012 @ 11:36 AM

18. She’s beautiful, you look amazing and I send big congratulations to both of you!

Comment by Pip — February 10, 2012 @ 12:00 PM

19. Congrats Amy & Joel! You two are going to be awesome parents, your little cupcake is absolutely adorable!! Get some rest when you can Mama!! ;-)

Comment by Krystal @ {Mrs. Regueiro's Plate} — February 10, 2012 @ 12:21 PM

20. She is ADORABLE!!! Congratulations. I love her red hair!

Comment by Shannon — February 10, 2012 @ 12:43 PM

21. Congrats Amy and Joel! She’s so beautiful!

Comment by Amy @ The Nifty Foodie — February 10, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

22. Congratulations! She’s so sweet and lovely, and very beautiful as her mom and dad. (; Congrats again! <3

Comment by Alba — February 10, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

23. Thank you, all! We are amazingly sleep-deprived but so, so happy!

Comment by amy — February 10, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

24. She is a doll! Congratulations!!

Comment by Melba — February 10, 2012 @ 12:52 PM

25. Amy – she is just beautiful! Big congratulations to you and Joel and can’t wait to hear and see more about her. enjoy!

Comment by jen — February 10, 2012 @ 1:09 PM

26. Congratulations! She’s a gorgeous baby!

Comment by Melissa — February 10, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

27. Congratulations! A future Crusader! :)

Comment by Alisha — February 10, 2012 @ 1:31 PM

28. Congratulations! She is beautiful and you are a radiant Mama. My little girl is almost 4 months and I swear, the days just keep getting better and better!!

Comment by Kate — February 10, 2012 @ 1:33 PM

29. Congrats!! She is adorable and you look fantastic! Enjoy this time, even though it’s incredibly rough. It all goes by so, so fast.

Comment by The Home Cook — February 10, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

30. She is a site to behold! Just beautiful. Congratulations on your newest addition. Personally, I am drawn to redheads, having a boy with just that plus freckles equals the best thing ever!

Comment by Heidi — February 10, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

31. Congratulations! She is so adorable!

Comment by Leah — February 10, 2012 @ 1:38 PM

32. Congratulations! She’s beautiful. Our daughter-in-love will be induced on Monday and then we’ll have our little granddaughter. Such exciting times! :-)

Comment by Lauri Rottmayer — February 10, 2012 @ 1:39 PM

33. Congratulations to Mommy & Daddy! She’s absolutely precious! :)

Comment by Kristen — February 10, 2012 @ 1:47 PM

34. Congratulations! She’s so sweet and absolutely precious. Cherish this time because it flies by. Congratulations again!

Comment by Lynsey — February 10, 2012 @ 1:49 PM

35. Welcome to Cassidy Grace ! She ‘s beautiful !
    Congrets !
    Anna (from France ;-))

Comment by Anna — February 10, 2012 @ 2:08 PM

36. Congratulations! Welcome to the world, Cassidy!

Comment by Eva @ Eva Bakes — February 10, 2012 @ 2:50 PM

37. Congratulations, she’s adorable. I had the same thing happen when my son was born. Was induced and ended up having to have a C-section because he was looking the wrong way. Those extra days in the hospital help, but I’m sure you were thrilled to be back home.

So, how big was she? Good luck with the new little one can’t wait to see her grow up.

Comment by Jennifer — February 10, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

38. she’s darling! so glad she’s finally arrived and you are all happy and healthy! enjoy :)

Comment by natalie (the sweets life) — February 10, 2012 @ 3:18 PM

39. Congrats, she’s beautiful!

Comment by Traci — February 10, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

40. Congratulations Amy and Joel!! And welcome to the world, Cassidy Grace! I hope you all get some good sleep soon. :^)

Comment by Leah — February 10, 2012 @ 6:38 PM

41. CONGRATS!!!! She is absolutely beautiful and so happy to hear that you both are happy and healthy!

Comment by Jill (JBean Cuisine) — February 10, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

42. Congratulations Amy!! She’s absolutely precious.

Comment by themilkmanswife — February 10, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

43. Congratulations! It’s always an adjustment but soon you’ll get to the point where you don’t even know how you lived without her in the first place :)

Comment by Stephanie — February 10, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

44. Congratulations! She’s absolutely gorgeous! :)

Comment by Emily — February 11, 2012 @ 1:23 AM

45. Congratulations! She is absolutely adorable!

Comment by Laura — February 11, 2012 @ 10:10 AM

46. She is so beautiful! I’m so happy for you! Congratulations!
    :-)

Comment by Cat — February 11, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

47. Congratulations! And I thought my son had a ton of hair when he was born, but I think she takes the crown! LOVE IT!! She sounds absolutely perfect. :)

Comment by Kelly — February 11, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

48. Look at that beautiful hair! Gorgeous little girl and mommy:) get some rest!

Comment by June g. — February 11, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

49. Congratulations – what a blessing! She is beautiful!

Comment by Karen M — February 11, 2012 @ 3:08 PM

50. Seriously a beautiful baby! So perfect, Amy! :)

Comment by Nikki — February 11, 2012 @ 3:30 PM

51. She is beautiful!!! Congratulations to the both of you :)

Comment by Amy Brown — February 11, 2012 @ 3:31 PM

52. Congratulations Amy and Joel!! Cassidy is beautiful…. :)

Comment by Neha — February 12, 2012 @ 1:57 AM

53. What a doll!!! Hope you’re recovering well from your emergency C-section, Amy — that’s always a surprise, but worth it to see a healthy, beautiful baby! Congratulations to y’all!

Comment by Kimby — February 12, 2012 @ 6:48 PM

54. Great news! So happy for you. Hope the first few weeks go relatively smoothly. It is such a HUGE change. I guess you might have already noticed. :-)

Comment by Paula (Salad in a Jar) — February 13, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

55. I’m so happy for you both! Enjoy every second of her sweetness, it passes all to fast!

Comment by Sheila — February 13, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

56. Congratulations, Amy. She is absolutely beautiful and perfect, of course! I am so happy for the two of you and can’t wait to see more pictures of sweet Cassidy Grace as she grows.

Comment by Kelsey — February 14, 2012 @ 8:43 AM

57. Congrats on the little Aggie! She’s beautiful!

Comment by Nee Nee — February 14, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

58. She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Comment by Mary — February 16, 2012 @ 9:33 AM

59. Wow! Did you just give birth in those pictures? Because you don’t look like it! All of my post birth pics look like I just walked away from a train wreck!
    Don’t apologize for baby updates. Most of us mamas absolutely LIVE for them. And I’m a birth story junkie! I cry every time.
    I love that your husband almost fainted! I remember the first time mine disappeared for a while. When he came back he said he wasn’t feeling well. He needed some fresh air! I was SO mad! Oh YOU’RE not feeling well? Wait a minute… how much pitocin are they giving you? Has the baby’s head been grinding into you’re tailbone every 90 seconds for the last 10 hours?! Gee I think I’ll take a break and get some fresh air too!
    But look at the picture of him holding his little girl. Soooo sweet! What a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing!

Comment by LeahB — March 27, 2012 @ 8:37 AM

60. I know this is late, but I just wasnted to add my congrats!!

Comment by ChiHa — September 18, 2012 @ 1:33 PM