Here I am again (and honestly, I just can’t believe it!), thanking you all for your continued support through Project Food Blog. I’m just blown away by your unfailing sweet, generous comments, encouragement and your votes. You are all truly wonderful readers…I am SO lucky to have you!! THANK YOU!!!

Ok, so here’s the challenge for Round 4: Sure, you can take a pretty picture. But your task here is to go above and beyond and use photography to create a step-by-step, instructional photo tutorial. It could be anything from how to bone a chicken to how to make your favorite recipe, but your photos need to guide the reader through the steps.

Honestly, at first, I thought this challenge would be a cinch. “Eh, what’s a few extra pictures?” However, it didn’t take long (about 12 seconds) for me to discover one very simple factor: step-by-step photos are HARD. For an A.D.D girl, something as simple as taking a few extra photos of the cooking process can be DAUNTING. I found myself running all over the kitchen, dining room and living room trying to get lists together, compiling my ingredients, writing down every single step of each recipe and trying to get my camera settings figured out (it takes awhile to do step-by-step photos, and your lighting is changing constantly- if you don’t change your camera settings accordingly, your pictures will absolutely start to suck). So needless to say, this has been the hardest challenge for me BY FAR. But, I barreled through and got it done- and came out with two totally awesome and delicious recipes to share with you! Yay me!!

For this challenge, I decided to do the kind of food that makes me happy (and my hubby!)- nachos. It was a very BIG game day in Texas today- the Aggies were playing a big game (who am I kidding, every game is a big game at our house!), then the Rangers with a playoff game after that. Needless to say, we needed game day food and we needed it bad. Just one kind of nacho wouldn’t be enough. I decided on two different kinds: Tequila Lime Chicken Nachos and Bananas Foster Nachos (yes, bananas foster- and let me just say….I’ve come up with a doozy.) So let’s open with recipe #1! This is how my family makes nachos- just layer on your favorite flavors. It’s great with seasoned ground beef, shredded chicken, or even meatless! I decided shredded chicken with a little tequila and lime juice would be perfect (and it was!)! Let’s get started!

You’ll need: 1 chicken breast, tortilla chips, a can of refried beans, shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, limes, sour cream, guacamole and salsa, salt and pepper and tequila (not pictured…oops).

Put the chicken in a small pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.

Remove from water and shred with two forks. Toss with 1 tablespoon tequila, the juice of one lime and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.

But before you season your chicken, be sure to give your sweet doggy a little tidbit. ;)

Put your refried beans in a small skillet, stir in 1 (rounded) teaspoon of salsa and a splash of the juice from your jarred jalapenos (trust me, it’s good! Plus, it helps thin it out a little bit so it’s easier to spread). Cook the beans over medium-low heat, until heated through. Set aside.

Chop 8-10 slices of the jalapenos.

Spread out some tortilla chips on a baking sheet lined with foil and top with the beans. Just spoon some on, then gently spread it out with a small spatula.

Top with the shredded cheese and the chopped jalapenos.

Bake it in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes, until it looks all gooey and delicious, like this.

Top with the chicken then spoon on some of your salsa.

Spread the guacamole over the top, then dollop with sour cream.

Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.

And….ENJOY!!

Game Day nachos are best enjoyed with cold Dublin Dr. Pepper…Mexican Coke would be excellent as well. ;)

These nachos are seriously GOOD (and they serve a whole boat-load of people!). They’re packed with so many different layers of flavor- the chicken is so moist and the hint of tequila really adds a lot! This is seriously, the perfect game day food! But those aren’t the star of today’s meal….these Bananas Foster Nachos are BY FAR, some of the BEST dessert food I have ever had. Seriously. An explosion of awesome in your mouth. So rich…so gooey…so amazing! I can’t wait to show them to you! Here we go- hold onto your hats…this is gonna be good.

You’ll need: flour tortillas, rum, caramel sauce (by all means, make homemade if you want to- I chose not to today), brown sugar, bananas, vanilla ice cream, chopped toasted walnuts, cinnamon/sugar, butter and hot fudge (I use this recipe).

Start by cutting 3 tortillas into quarters. Arrange on a greased baking sheet and spray with butter spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes, until crisp. Set aside.

In a small saucepan, melt half a stick (4 tablespoons) butter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.

Place three sliced bananas in the pan, gently stir, then add in 2 teaspoons rum. Cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. You still want the bananas to have some texture, so be sure not to overcook them.

Arrange the tortilla wedges on a platter and drizzle with hot fudge (not too much- this dish can get RICH quick!).

Top with the bananas. Wow. This is looking good already!

Drizzle with the caramel sauce. Try not to lick the spoon.

Seriously. Don’t lick that spoon.

Sprinkle with the toasted walnuts.

And finally, top with a couple of hearty scoops of vanilla ice cream. Holy cow.

Go ahead and sprinkle with a teensy tiny bit of cinnamon.

OMIGOSH, OMIGOSH, OMIGOSH….

Take a bite…and find yourself on a short trip to “Delicious-Gooey-Yum-Yum-Land”.  A truly magical place….

Oh yeah…he’s there too…welcome, honey. Welcome.

You’re welcome.

1. Those bananas foster nachos are to die for! You did a great job – I hope you move on to round 5!

Comment by Christine — October 10, 2010 @ 9:55 AM

2. As if the regular nachos wasn’t enuff, the banana foster totally blew my mind! What a great, detailed post, very very informative and entertaining.

Comment by lina — October 10, 2010 @ 9:59 AM

3. Wow! I just ate a stack of pancakes, and now I’m hungry again.

Comment by Michael — October 10, 2010 @ 10:21 AM

4. holy lord your 2 nacho recipes look HEAVENLY! i mean i love nachos, and i could taste it all from one pic to the next..great step by step and great job making my mouth water!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Comment by karen — October 10, 2010 @ 10:26 AM

5. I LOVE Bananas Foster and you’ve taken them to the next level!! I can’t wait to try BOTH of these recipes!! Here you come round 5!!!

Comment by Sheila — October 10, 2010 @ 10:30 AM

6. I’m with you, all those step photos were SO freaking difficult! I’m going to have to make nachos like yours (both ways!) for the husband… he’d love them!
    You’ve got my vote :)

Comment by Mara @ What's For Dinner? — October 10, 2010 @ 10:47 AM

7. OMGoodness the pictures of you guys and the Bananas Foster nachos….tooo stinkin cute!!! Love them! :)

Comment by Alyson — October 10, 2010 @ 10:55 AM

8. Bananas foster nachos? You are a freaking GENIUS! Wow. Just… just wow. :)

Comment by Laura — October 10, 2010 @ 10:58 AM

9. Why can’t you believe it? Your nachos deserve fame! GREG

Comment by sippitysup — October 10, 2010 @ 10:59 AM

10. omg you two are too cute!! these nachos (both versions) look absolutely freaking awesome by the way, makes me miss american football season! Ha so far the only way I’ve been able to watch any of the games in Europe is by skyping my mom and having her face her laptop towards her tv, haha I know, but you’d be surprised how well that has worked!

Comment by Jenn — October 10, 2010 @ 11:10 AM

11. Not sure what I love more…YOU or your food! THESE LOOK AMAAAAAZING!!!!!!! :) However, I think what makes your blog so WONDERFUL is YOU and your adorable personality!!! I mean, seriously, you are precious!!! I’m so glad I know you in real life!

Comment by amyb — October 10, 2010 @ 11:14 AM

12. Both of these recipes look fabulous. I have to try the Banana Foster Nachos. I think my family will love them. Thanks for sharing. Love your blog!

Comment by Kelly — October 10, 2010 @ 11:22 AM

13. You guys are too cute. I am not even a football fan and I am wishing I was there for both nachos. Good luck! So glad to have found a new blog to follow.

Comment by Meseidy — October 10, 2010 @ 11:52 AM

14. I think it’s so funny in the first family pic with the nachos that your dog is peaking over the table! My dog would do that too! Your recipes are great, good luck in round 4!

Comment by Jen — October 10, 2010 @ 12:08 PM

15. Looks great. Awesome job!

Comment by Chicago Cuisine Critique — October 10, 2010 @ 12:10 PM

16. Wow! I will be making the Banana Foster Nachos soon. What a great idea, they look amazing.

Comment by Katie — October 10, 2010 @ 12:48 PM

17. I love nachos and both here look delicious! I’m going to have to try those banana foster nachos asap. Love the post, even with your choice of university (I was a longhorn) ;-)

Good luck!

Comment by Russell at Chasing Delicious — October 10, 2010 @ 2:09 PM

18. made me smile and made me want nachos! here’s to moving on to round 5 (how many rounds are there?)

Comment by Chris — October 10, 2010 @ 2:17 PM

19. It all looks so yummy Amy! I especially love the dessert nachos! Thos tortilla chips look awesome! You have my vote, as always! :)

Comment by Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot — October 10, 2010 @ 3:09 PM

20. LOVE!!!!! You did such an amazing job on this post.

Comment by Connie — October 10, 2010 @ 3:46 PM

21. What a creative way to make nachos!! I haven’t yet made dessert nachos but you have convinced me to do it!! Thanks for sharing. I am still drooling over the Banana Forster nachos!!

Comment by Ellie (Almost Bourdain) — October 10, 2010 @ 5:10 PM

22. Wow. Nachos, two ways. That’s what I’m talking about! I actually think the main point of this step-by-step photos is to DRIVE people CRAZY because they just want to dive into the final product, and you accomplished that goal! ;-)

Comment by sophia — October 10, 2010 @ 7:09 PM

23. Awesome Job!! What a great gameday food! We are a U of Tennessee and Michigan household, and well, we both didn’t have a good Saturday, but if I had had those bananas foster nachos I am sure they would have made our day better!! Good Luck for round 5!

Comment by Shannon — October 10, 2010 @ 9:12 PM

24. Congrats!
    I love game day food, we had our share over the weekend too!
    You’ve got my vote.

Comment by emily (a nutritionist eats) — October 10, 2010 @ 9:19 PM

25. Oh, my absolute FAVORITE in the whole wide world, all gooey and chewy and tasty and ….darn it all anyway, my mouth is watering and it’s only breakfast time. A boomerang vote headed your way!
    ~Mary

Comment by Food o' del Mundo — October 11, 2010 @ 9:41 AM

26. Hello, Luv!! As always, You have topped yourself!! You are adorable (as always) and we want these nachos, both kinds, immediately, if not sooner!! We love, love you and of course, we have voted. Nana and Grandaddy

Comment by Nana & Grandaddy — October 11, 2010 @ 10:01 AM

27. Gig ‘em! Oh and I love the idea of dessert nachos. Great job!

Comment by Donna @ WayMoreHomemade — October 11, 2010 @ 10:06 AM

28. A. You guys are adorable!
    B. Dessert nachos….genius!
    C. SO wanting nachos for dinner tonight!!!

Comment by bridget {bake at 350} — October 11, 2010 @ 10:19 AM

29. Any game day munchies get my vote! Those nachos look so good I am trying to figure out how to have them for lunch! Great job! Voted for you.

Comment by Heather @ He Cooks She Cooks — October 11, 2010 @ 10:28 AM

30. this looks amazing! I would love a dessert nacho right NOW!

Best of luck in the competition!

Comment by claire — October 11, 2010 @ 10:50 AM

31. I LOVE your dessert nacho’s! I have got to try that!!

Comment by pup — October 11, 2010 @ 11:10 AM

32. Wouldn’t these be good to eat while watching a movie? We’ll provide the movie, so… I guess that leaves you providing the nachos. Monday nights are always the best nights to watch movies, I always say. Oh…today’s Monday, isn’t it? What time may we expect the nachos..er, expect you? (Great job, sweetie!)

Comment by Mother — October 11, 2010 @ 11:45 AM

33. What an adorable post and fabulous recipes, Amy! I love the game day nachos and the Dublin Dr. Pepper. Go Big 12! Can’t wait to vote for you once more!

Comment by Kelsey — October 11, 2010 @ 12:38 PM

34. Great post! You are totally rocking this competition!

Comment by Melissa — October 11, 2010 @ 1:17 PM

35. Awesome nachos! The dessert ones are going on my to do list.

Comment by mariko — October 11, 2010 @ 1:22 PM

36. Both sets of nachos look great, but those banana foster ones… I’m definitely making those! Great job on your post and I hope you get to move on.

Comment by jennifer — October 11, 2010 @ 1:49 PM

37. Both of those look fabulous! Great for game day (or any day for that matter!)

Comment by Betty @ scrambled hen fruit — October 11, 2010 @ 4:02 PM

38. Those banana foster nachos look absolutely scrumptious! Well done! Good luck in round 4!

Comment by Danielle@Runs With Spatulas — October 11, 2010 @ 4:47 PM

39. I LOVE nachos…therefore your post was twice as enjoyable to read! Good luck to you. I gave you my vote!

Comment by carolyn~ — October 11, 2010 @ 8:03 PM

40. those banana fosters nachos would make ME sing (and I don’t usually normally do so.) Great job! You have my vote!

Comment by Joanne Choi — October 11, 2010 @ 8:43 PM

41. Your nachos two ways sounds amazing – -I would keep bouncing from sweet to savory. Of course you have my vote!

Comment by marla {family fresh cooking} — October 11, 2010 @ 9:08 PM

42. Whoa, nachosx2 … and I’ve never seen dessert nachos before either – very creative! Thanks for stopping by my blog and good luck this round!

Comment by riceandwheat — October 11, 2010 @ 10:13 PM

43. haha, that’s so awesome!
    I can’t believe you could share those nachos even with the one you love. I’d push a kitten in a pit in front a live studio audience if it eyeballed me while I was eating those nachos. It’s Not-ch-yo-cheese!

Comment by pierre — October 12, 2010 @ 9:31 AM

44. You know, somehow, it’s never occurred to me to cook chicken like that for the purposes of tacos, enchiladas, etc! Duh!! This is brilliant (and delicious).

Comment by Heather — October 12, 2010 @ 11:13 AM

45. voted for you! and I’m dying to make both kinds of nachos!!

Comment by natalie (the sweets life) — October 12, 2010 @ 1:34 PM

46. i think i need to go have mexican food immediately after reading this!

Comment by Whit @ Amuse Bouche — October 12, 2010 @ 2:22 PM

47. The perfect combination of nachos… I love it!! Both look fabulous :) And by the way, your blog header is one of the cutest I’ve seen… Ever. Good luck! :)

Comment by Sues — October 12, 2010 @ 4:09 PM

48. Those banana foster nachos look out of this world amazing! So many layers of awesomeness. Excellent tutorial, I tried to reach through my computer screen more than once. I’m casting a vote for you right away!

Comment by Jeanne — October 12, 2010 @ 4:22 PM

49. Yay! We made it to round 4. There is always room for nachos. I love your version and I HAVE to try the Bananas Foster. I’ve heard of that, but never really knew what it was. Fabulous post!

Comment by Katrina — October 12, 2010 @ 7:18 PM

50. WOW Amy! What wonderful recipes! It is so fun to watch you do this! So proud of you! The bananas foster nachos sounded weird at first but looking at the pics I can’t wait to try it for my family! Also, great game day food!

Can’t wait to see what you go on to with the next level!

GO AMY!

Comment by Amy — October 12, 2010 @ 10:41 PM

51. Love this! GIG ‘EM!

Comment by The Hidden List — October 12, 2010 @ 10:46 PM

52. dessert nachos?!? what a wonderful idea – i will be trying these:)

Comment by Page @ Good Clean Fun — October 13, 2010 @ 3:50 PM

53. I also thought this round was the hardest challenge by far and you made it look like a breeze – a yummy, gooey, banana-y breeze :)

Comment by Daily Spud — October 13, 2010 @ 5:26 PM

54. These look amazing! Bananas foster is fun to experiment with, lately I’ve been putting it on toasted white bread with nutella. Good luck this week and go Aggies (apparently they’re a rival of Texas and I’m supposed to dislike Texas)! You’ve got a vote of mine!

Lick My Spoon

Comment by @lickmyspoon — October 13, 2010 @ 11:36 PM

55. Whata fun tutorial! Nachos are so delicious. Definitely a staple in our house. And those dessert nachos look super dreamy. Nicely done. I voted for you again!

Good luck! Hope to see us both in round 5!!! =)

Comment by Jacob's Kitchen — October 14, 2010 @ 12:06 PM

56. You’ve definitely got yourself a one way ticket to round 5! Both sets of nachos sound fantastic! You’ve got my vote for sure!

Comment by Peggy — October 14, 2010 @ 2:29 PM

57. I so not into sports but welcome any game day that would include both of these creations. You totally have my vote girl!

Comment by Eliana — October 14, 2010 @ 2:52 PM

58. Those Bananas Foster Nachos are insaaaaane!!! YUM! You have a vote from me!

My own post is a romp through croissant making that’s filled with humor, exhaustion, and a little bit of popstar glamor. Come see if you’d like :)

Comment by Julie @ Willow Bird Baking — October 14, 2010 @ 4:43 PM

59. Those nachos would be gone in 5 seconds around here. Fun post. Good luck!
    LL

Comment by Lori Lynn — October 14, 2010 @ 6:57 PM

60. Hugs from Hot Polka Dot’s Mom. You are still a winner!

Comment by Hot Polka Dot's Mom — October 15, 2010 @ 4:17 PM

61. Oh my goodness, Hot Polka Dot’s Mom! :) It is SO sweet of you to say that! I’m really rooting for Lindsey- she’s amazing and I know she’ll go far! Thank you so much for stopping by- it means so much to me, really!

-Amy

Comment by amy — October 15, 2010 @ 4:38 PM

62. You Precious! I must say that all three of you are precious! The formal dinner party is exquisite looking. Your table was just beautiful (and your guests were’nt bad, either!! My heart just fills up with love and pride when I see and think about what all you have done. Dad would have just burst with pride to see what all you are doing so successfully. I just wish we lived closer so I could see you all more often. I send this with much love and pride…..Granna

Comment by Granna — October 18, 2010 @ 1:30 PM

63. I just wanted to let you know that I made your chicken nachos tonight with your guacamole recipe. They were delicious! Thank you for the recipe!

Great, Amy! I’m so happy you enjoyed it! Thank you for telling me! :)

Comment by Amy S. — March 1, 2011 @ 7:54 PM

64. Wow… don’t know you, but will follow you anywhere after seeing these recipes. Another, why didn’t it think of that moments.

Comment by Jill — June 27, 2011 @ 12:12 PM

65. Like any game, when we stay within the rules, we score, and when we play outside the
    rules there of course is a penalty. However, every character in the game (even supporting players) should be
    presented in this same detail. t love the unself-conscious little boy
    or girl, the undaunted miniature explorer who moves with unbridled enthusiasm to experience
    life.

Comment by www.sciortinowedding.com — June 8, 2013 @ 12:28 PM

66. [...] BANANAS FOSTER NACHOS Adapted from Sing for your Supper [...]

Pingback by about Nutella Bananas Foster Nachos | food — June 12, 2013 @ 7:15 AM

67. [...] NUTELLA BANANAS FOSTER NACHOS Adapted from Sing for your Supper [...]

Pingback by Nutella Bananas Foster Nachos | cinnamon freud — July 28, 2013 @ 9:46 PM