I’ve never been a big fan of those ‘peanut butter blossoms’- you know, the peanut butter cookie with a Hershey kiss stuck in the middle? For whatever reason, I just never liked them. Oddly enough, however, those same cookies were the inspiration for these little guys. Nothing fancy, just a plain sugar cookie sprinkled with cinnamon/sugar and topped with a Hershey pumpkin spice kiss. But OH how yummy! I took these to work and (of course) they were gobbled up! Such a cute little Fall/Halloween treat that takes no time to make!

Pumpkin Spice Blossoms
-inspired by this recipe from Betty Crocker

1 batch of your favorite sugar cookie dough, or mix (this recipe would be great!)
24 Hershey Pumpkin Spice Kisses, unwrapped
1 teaspoon cinnamon/sugar mixture, for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make dough as directed and scoop into 2 mini muffin pans (that gave me 24 cookies). Sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture and bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are golden brown. Let cool for about 3 minutes, then gently press a pumpkin spice kiss into each cookie. **I chose to sprinkle mine with a little orange decorating sugar- totally optional!

1. wow adorable great little treat for sure

Comment by rebecca — October 25, 2010 @ 10:51 AM

2. Darling. I love them!!!!!

Comment by Julia — October 25, 2010 @ 10:54 AM

3. Oh major yummy! I love those kisses!

Comment by Amy @ The Nifty Foodie — October 25, 2010 @ 11:08 AM

4. I didn’t know there were Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses!! I am so stopping at the store on my way home today. What a great idea!

Comment by Melissa — October 25, 2010 @ 11:15 AM

5. too, too cute!! I love them!

Comment by cara — October 25, 2010 @ 12:25 PM

6. Ooooh yum! And adorable too!

Comment by Melissa @ Made in Melissa's Kitchen — October 25, 2010 @ 1:18 PM

7. Adorable variation on the traditional peanut butter blossoms! I think you’ve definitely improved on the idea!

Comment by Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot — October 25, 2010 @ 1:59 PM

8. Yum! I just recently heard about these pumpkin kisses.. I’m going to have to go to the store immediately to try and find some! These cookies look delicious.

Comment by Evan @swEEts — October 25, 2010 @ 8:22 PM

9. Pumpkin kisses? That’s a new one for me. I’m with you on traditional peanut butter cookies with the chocolate kiss. But I may have to try these.

Comment by Paula — October 25, 2010 @ 9:18 PM

10. Cute! I tried these pumpkin kisses for the first time last year and enjoyed them. I love the ribbon on your cake stand – so festive!

Comment by Tracey — October 25, 2010 @ 10:02 PM

11. Oh my heavens – hershey’s pumpkin spice kisses? Are you kidding me? I must find some! Or maybe I shouldn’t;)

Love your pics as always!

Comment by Candice @ ChiaSeedMe — October 25, 2010 @ 10:44 PM

12. I’m glad I saw this recipe, because I recently bought a package of Pumpkin Kisses for the express purpose of making cookies like these! I like the looks of your sugar cookie recipe, too – not your typical recipe. Looks delicious!

Comment by Kathy @ The Sugar Queen — October 26, 2010 @ 9:02 AM

13. I’ve been obsessing over these since I read about them yesterday! I cannot wait to make them this weekend for our annual Halloween bonfire!!

Comment by Shannon — October 26, 2010 @ 9:22 PM

14. What a delicious way to enjoy pumpkin! Gonna have to give these a try for Halloween :)

Comment by Eliana — October 28, 2010 @ 1:40 PM

15. Wow these looks so cute, and tasty! well done

Comment by Danny — November 1, 2010 @ 11:12 AM

16. You are on vacation and your recipes are going round the world…I saw this on Pinterest Amy! Love it! Way to go!

Comment by LaJuana — August 18, 2011 @ 6:49 PM