Three words: Bananas. Foster. Nachos. You remember these?? I posted them back in October for my Project Food Blog challenge #4. Oh yeah. These are some serious nachos, y’all! Something I think you really, really need to make your Super Bowl party a success. Chocolate, caramel, buttery, brown sugary, rummy bananas…. Super Bowl food for the GODS, I tell you!

Still looking for that perfect Super Bowl dessert? Look no further, because these nachos are lightening quick to make, easy to eat (albeit a little messy), and seriously, seriously delicious! And most importantly, they’re man-friendly. These are guaranteed to please ANY man on the holiest of man days- Super Bowl Sunday. Make these and watch all your Super Bowl dessert dreams come true.

Bananas Foster Nachos

3 flour tortillas, cut into quarters
4 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons dark rum
3 bananas, sliced
vanilla ice cream
prepared hot fudge sauce, for drizzling
prepared caramel sauce, for drizzling
chopped walnuts; optional

Preheat oven to 350. Arrange tortilla pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet and spray with butter spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar (as much as you want). Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until crisp.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, heat butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until butter is melted. Add the sliced bananas, gently stir for a minute or so, then add the rum. Continue to cook for about 3 or 4 minutes.

Place the cinnamon-sugar chips on a large platter and spoon over the banana mixture. Top with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with hot fudge and caramel sauce and sprinkle chopped walnuts, if desired. Serves 3-4.

Recipe source: Sing For Your Supper original

1. bananas, caramel… it looks divine!

Comment by Paula — February 3, 2011 @ 4:25 AM

2. Wow these look amazing! Perfect for a dessert to share with friends!

Comment by Hezzi-D — February 3, 2011 @ 5:41 AM

3. I’m actually having a superbowl “fiesta,” complete with Mexican food and margaritas. These would be the perfect dessert!!

Comment by Dana — February 3, 2011 @ 9:40 AM

4. These look insanely awesome!!

Comment by Chrissy — February 3, 2011 @ 10:53 AM

5. In State College PA there is a small restaurant named “Spat’s”, and I would always order there Banana’s Foster for dessert.. I haven’t had BF since then!! These nacho’s take me back…YUM!

Comment by pup — February 3, 2011 @ 11:10 AM

6. you are so right girl! My super bowl party does need these. They look amazing.

Comment by Eliana — February 4, 2011 @ 9:01 AM

7. […] also made these amazing bananas foster nachos from Sing for your Supper, but devoured it before taking a picture.  Bad Blogger! (I used amaretto […]

Pingback by Muffin Tin Monday – Game Day Tin « A Little Bit of This & That — February 7, 2011 @ 1:48 AM

8. Having dessert every day is alright isn’t it? :) These nachos would be a hit with my boyfriend! I’ll remember this dessert next time we cook Mexican food together.chocolate flavored straws with milk would be the perfect drink for this yummy treat!

Comment by Karen — February 9, 2011 @ 3:36 PM