**All pictures were taken with my iPhone

This past Friday, Joel hit the big 3-0. We celebrated by grilling some steaks, sipping wine, and watching The Avengers; a perfect, peaceful evening. Little did he know, the next day he’d be having a big surprise party with all our friends and family!

Cassidy and I got up bright and early ready to work! There was lots to do, so thankfully my mom and dad were there to help! But as you can see, Cassidy was the biggest help of all. ;)

We had a big burrito bar (Freebirds style) with shredded chicken, pulled pork, homemade salsa, guacamole, and all the toppings. It was a huge hit!

Our friend Alyshia made these Oreo cupcakes. They were sooooo good!

Mommy and baby are matchy-matchy and ready to party!

SURPRIIIIIISE!!!

He totally didn’t see it coming! :)

*Family portrait!* We had such a great time with our friends and family, and Joel was very pleasantly surprised- needless to say, I think the birthday boy had a pretty sweet birthday!

1. Adorable pictures! Did you cut your hair?

I did! Chopped off 7 inches after I had the baby!

Comment by Mimi @ Culinary Couture — October 11, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

2. Loved helping and being a part of such a fun evening!

Comment by mother — October 11, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

3. What a sweet surprise!!! Good job momma!! Funny thing, last Friday we were home relaxing and watching The Avengers, too!! I guess great mommies think alike right!! I love the matchy outfits with you an Cassidy!!! Adorable!!

Comment by Krystal — October 12, 2012 @ 12:25 AM

4. Such a nice surprise! Happy Birthday to Joel and glad you all had a great time! Love the matchy outfits you and Cassidy wore and I love the decorating idea of the various plates on the wall:)

Comment by Heather — October 12, 2012 @ 4:56 AM

5. what a sweet surprise! we’re hosting a 30th surprise bday party tomorrow–can’t wait :)

Comment by natalie@thesweetslife — October 12, 2012 @ 10:53 AM

6. Great job on the party! I love the idea of a burrito bar.

Comment by Suzanne @ Kokocooks — October 13, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

7. What a wonderful surprise, Amy! Is that your new backyard? What a great party set up!

Thanks, Kelsey! YES! That’s the new backyard! We love it soooo much!

Comment by Kelsey — October 15, 2012 @ 12:25 PM

8. What a fantastic surprise! I love your matchy-matchy outfits! Your backyard is beautiful!! Happy Birthday to Joel!

Comment by ChiHa — October 16, 2012 @ 11:54 AM

9. Belated birthday greetings to your hubby! Looks like a great time was had by all — especially Cassidy! :)

Comment by Kimby — October 20, 2012 @ 8:33 AM

10. The main function of the HCG hormone is to protect the fetus.
    As a dieter, if you come across a particular flavour or herbal tea type that you especially
    fall in love with, you can easily continue consuming it after the completion of
    your diet without having to worry about its effects on your health.
    People on HCG eating plans notice outcome quickly, also within times of starting the program.

Here is my blog :: healthy weight loss

Comment by healthy weight loss — June 30, 2014 @ 1:33 AM

11. Just follow the instructions, every person can fix these problems.
    Being aware of when and if you have to call up a
    plumbing contractor is the first step in a quick and efficient repair which can last for years.
    Toilet paper is among the most essential product because you are always going to need it and you use it all
    the time.

Here is my web site: leaking pipes pompano beach fl

Comment by leaking pipes pompano beach fl — July 2, 2014 @ 10:14 PM

12. Obesity affects your life style and expectancy with many other body
    and mental problems, stress and inferior complexity due to certain restrictions and limitations.
    At any rate, our Hc – G drops for weight loss are designed
    to burn one to two pounds a day. What is not entirely certain is the role
    that HCG plays in HCG weight loss, though studies have
    obviously shown that it does play an effective role.

Feel free to visit my blog post weight loss hormone hcg side effects

Comment by weight loss hormone hcg side effects — July 5, 2014 @ 9:05 AM