Ok, ok, I know it has nothing to do with food…but I just thought I’d let Izzy show off her Halloween PJ’s! We really get in the Halloween spirit around here, so I thought I’d go ahead and start spreading Halloween warm fuzzies! 😉 Get ready for some fun Halloween-y treats coming soon!!
I won’t be posting anything until after September 3rd because hubby and I will be here:
Don’t be jealous….just kidding, be jealous! Ciao!
Last week, I was asked to be a member of one of my favorite baking sites – BlakeBakes.com! Today they posted these brownies, my very first post!! Go check it out!!! YAAAAY!!
I’ve been tagged again! Bakingblonde has tagged me to answer a few fun questions!
1. Last Movie I Saw In A Movie Theater?
The Dark Knight (really good!)
2. What Book Are You Reading?
The second book in the Outlander Series
3. Favorite Board Game?
Candy Land! 🙂
4. Favorite Magazine?
5. Favorite Smells?
Peach cobbler in the oven, bread, a new can of tennis balls, new car smell
6. Favorite Sounds?
a good mixed choir singing a really tight chord
7. Worst Feeling In The World?
knowing somebody hates you
8. First Thing You Think of When You Wake?
Its too early!
9. Favorite Fast Food Place?
10. Future Child’s Name?
11. Finish This Statement—“If I Had a Lot of Money, I’d…update my kitchen, go on more vacations and share with family
12. Do You Drive fast? Nah, not really
13. Do You Sleep With a Stuffed Animal?
No, but I do sleep with a small square pillow that my mom made me a long time ago
14. Storms—Cool or Scary?
15. What Was Your First Car?
a purple (ack!) ford explorer
16. Favorite Drink?
At the moment, anything with coconut rum mixed in it
17. Finish This Statement—“If I Had the Time, I Would…
learn a foreign language”
18. Do You Eat the Stems on Broccoli?
19. If You could Dye your Hair Any Other Color, What Would It Be?
a pretty red color, I guess – I happen to love my hair color, though!
20. Name All the Different Cities In Which You Have Lived.
just two – both in TX
21. Favorite Sport to Watch?
Fightin’ Texas Aggie Football
22. One Nice Thing About The Person Who Sent This To You
She always has the most incredible baked goods on her blog – in fact, I just made her smore bars the other night – YUM!!!
23. What’s Under Your Bed?
a lot of boxes full of junk
24. Would You Like to Be Born As Yourself Again?
25. Morning Person or Night Owl?
Ew, deffinitely a night person – early mornings make me sick!
26. Over Easy or Sunny Side Up?
27. Favorite Place to Relax?
by the pool
28. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?
oreo or neopolitan
29. Of All the People You Have Tagged, Who Is the Most Likely to Respond First?
I am now tagging some wonderfull fellow bloggers, Please, Please, PLEASE go to their sites, they have great recipes sure to put a smile on your face!! Promise:
If you get tagged, answer the questions in your blog, then tag 4 or 5 other food bloggers by listing their blogs on your own blog, then commenting on their blog to let them know they’ve been tagged! Be sure and let everybody know who tagged you!
Hubby and I had a great 4th of July weekend over at my parents’ house with the family! There was TONS of good food, fireworks, and good ‘ol family fun! Here’s a few pictures of the festivities – enjoy!
Here’s my brother-in-law and Hubby (in the blue), trying to blow up a water bottle with a firecracker….hey, that’s what the 4th of July is all about, right? – trying to blow stuff up with fireworks!
Here’s my daddy grillin’ up some brautwurst (yuck!)
My sister and her family! (She’s going to kill me for posting this picture!)
My dad’s smoked brisket…..oh yeah, baby!
My sister’s “Man Catchers” – jalapeno pepper stuffed with steak, wrapped in bacon, and brushed with BBQ sauce, then baked – pretty tasty little devils!
Everybody loadin’ up their plates with brisket, my mom’s baked beans and Nana’s potato salad (no onions, thank you very much!)
Me and my nephew!
Shrimp boil! (Shrimp, potatoes and corn) We were supposed to have this for my birthday party last month, but it ended up getting canceled, so we decided it would be perfect for a 4th of July weekend meal!! And Lordy, was it!! This is one of my absolute favorite meals of all time…
Me and my family eatin’ shrimps! It was a great weekend! Hope everyone else had a happy 4th of July!!!
Yay!! I’ve been “Meme tagged”!! Jess from Cookbook Habit wants to know 5 things about me!! Yee haw!
Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What was I doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago I was getting ready to start my freshman year of High School. I had just started working with my first ever voice teacher and was preparing for my very first voice recital!
What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today?
1. Do a load of colors
2. Go to the grocery store to get stuff for dinner tonight
3. Decide what’s for dinner tonight
4. Figure out what I want to use my new bottle of Parrot Bay for….yum!
5. Sit on the balcony with Joel tonight and enjoy whatever Parrot Bay concoction I decided on!
Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Nutella + finger 🙂
2. Wheat Thins
3. Honey Roasted Peanuts
4. Apples and PB
5. Cereal (preferably Honey Bunches of Oats or Honey Nut Cheerios)
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Buy a house in a nearby area (that we absolutely CANNOT afford!)
2. Donate to lots of different research funds – Alzheimer’s, Parkensen’s, etc
3. Buy a vacation home in St. Lucia
4. Share with my family, of course!
5. Have a MONSTROUS kitchen with multiple dishwashers 🙂
Places I’ve lived:
1. Cleburne, Tx
2. Sulpher Springs, Tx
3. Belton, TX (college)
4. Dallas, Tx
Jobs I’ve had:
1. I was the student worker for my undergrad’s music dept. all through college
2. I taught voice lessons to Junior High and High School students this past year
3. I sing opera
TAG! You’re it…..
Kelsey – Apple A Day
Stephanie – Confessions of a City Eater
Ashley – The Spicy Skillet
Kelly – My Sweet Life…
Elizabeth – Ugg Smell Food