Wow, sorry about that. It’s been like, FOREVER since I posted anything! How sad! But I swear I have a good reason! At first it was because I was so busy with the operas (they went great, by the way!), but then I became preoccupied with other things…things like saltine crackers, ginger ale and 24 hour sickness. No, I don’t have a cold- I’ve been very busy baking up something VERY special:

WE’RE HAVING A BABY!!!!

Yep, that’s right! Joel and I are having a baby and I just couldn’t WAIT to share the news with you! This is our first (well, if you don’t count Izzy) and I’m so excited that we get to share the experience with all of you! My readers are so special to me and I’m just thrilled to be able to keep you updated through every step! Right now I’m at about 7 weeks along and my due date is January 25 (I missed Mozart’s birthday by 2 days! Shucks!). We had our first doctor’s appointment Wednesday and we got to see the baby’s heartbeat! Very awesome! Please be patient with me throughout these next couple of weeks- I’m as sick as a dog and food is definitely NOT my friend right now. I’m going to do my very best to post often, but when the sight of pasta salad sends me running to the bathroom, it makes it just a teensy bit difficult (jeez, I can barely type pasta salad without wanting to puke).

Bear with me, friends! And pray for me- this is going to be SO new and SO different! And most of all- thanks for sticking with me! :)

1. Congrats Amy, that’s absolutely amazing and exciting news. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months for you!!!

Comment by Krystal of Mrs. Regueiro's Plate — June 10, 2011 @ 12:50 PM

2. Congratulations!!!!

Comment by Misty — June 10, 2011 @ 12:53 PM

3. Such happy news!

Comment by Monica — June 10, 2011 @ 2:02 PM

4. Congratulations! A new little Aggie/Crusader! :)

Comment by Alisha — June 10, 2011 @ 2:03 PM

5. I love you, baby! :)

Comment by Joel — June 10, 2011 @ 2:14 PM

6. Congrats Amy – wishing you nothing but the best for a healthy and happy 9 months and a wonderful lifetime of mommyhood!

Comment by Jill (JBean Cuisine) — June 10, 2011 @ 3:07 PM

7. Congratulations! How exciting! Don’t worry, I know exactly what you mean about being so sick, I was very sick with both of mine and I still remember just trying to think about food :( I’m sure all your readers will be very patiently waiting for you to feel better. I hope relief comes soon!

Comment by Heidi @ Food Doodles — June 10, 2011 @ 3:11 PM

8. Congratulations! I have been following your blog for awhile now and enjoy it tremendously! Wanted to take a moment to share how thrilled I am for you and your husband. You are starting the journey of a lifetime! Savor every moment as it goes so quickly! The days are long, but the years are short in raising little ones! Many blessings to your growing family!

Comment by LisaH — June 10, 2011 @ 3:25 PM

9. Congratulations!

Comment by Lady Dorothy — June 10, 2011 @ 3:26 PM

10. Congratulations!! Hope the sickness part ends soon! Excited to hear all about your journey!

Comment by Stephanie — June 10, 2011 @ 3:55 PM

11. Congratulations!! I wish you all the best for a happy and healthy 9 months (well more like only 7 now) :-)

Comment by Sarah — June 10, 2011 @ 4:05 PM

12. congratulations Amy and Joel! So excited for you.

Comment by Jade — June 10, 2011 @ 4:35 PM

13. Congratulations! I had a horrible first trimester too but now at 20 weeks things are way better. Best wishes to you, your hubby and baby!

Comment by Kaye — June 10, 2011 @ 5:36 PM

14. Amy, you know I am so happy for you. What a wonderful blessing you and Joel have received! I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Comment by Kelsey — June 10, 2011 @ 5:38 PM

15. congrats! We’ll cut you some slack, I haven’t cooked very much my entire pregnancy, it’s just hard when you get tired… and oh yeah, throwing up :( Prayers for healthy baby and great pregnancy!

Comment by laura — June 10, 2011 @ 5:40 PM

16. Yea!! I’m so excited for you guys! My boys aren’t even married yet so no grandbabies in site, that means I’ll have to live vicariously through you! And, for the record, I’m predicting you are going to have a girl!

Comment by Sheila — June 10, 2011 @ 6:04 PM

17. Congratulations . . . the nausea will pass! I promise. What a wonderful gift God is giving you . . . a new life. Slow down . . . have some iced tea on the patio and enjoy the journey . . . every minute of it is so special!!!

Comment by Karen — June 10, 2011 @ 6:24 PM

18. Congratulations! I hope you have a happy and healthy nine months! So exciting!

Comment by sabriena — June 10, 2011 @ 8:07 PM

19. What great news! I hope the rest of the icky first trimester passes quickly and you feel better soon. Congratulations!

Comment by Erin — June 10, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

20. CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS to YoU and JoEl!

I couldn’t help but wonder, does this mean we get to enjoy a six month virtual baby shower for you? :)

You two are going to be the BEST parents! And the rest of us are blessed too because we get to share your joy!

May God hold you extra close during this time!

Comment by LaJuana — June 10, 2011 @ 9:03 PM

21. Congratulations to you both Amy! That’s so exciting! Maybe you’ll get lucky and the little bundle will arrive on Mozart’s birthday after all. :)

Comment by Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot — June 10, 2011 @ 10:39 PM

22. Congrats!! I was sick all day everyday for about 7 straight months when pregnant. It was horrible. I actually LOST weight at first and didn’t gain til my last two months. If it gets that bad for you, there are always Zofran or Promethazine you can ask the doctor for a prescription for. I also could not stand pasta of any kind – esp. noodles. I tried to eat foods that were easily digested or already in liquid form. I ate a lot of puddings, etc. lol

Comment by Tasha — June 11, 2011 @ 2:27 AM

23. Yahoo!!!!! Amazing news! Congrats to you and your hub. I couldn’t be more excited for you both! Hopefully the morning sickness (what a silly term that is…) passes quickly! I hear ginger lollipops are helpful.

I hope you have a wonderful 9 months and even more fantastic lifetime with your beautiful and sweet baby!

Comment by Kim — June 11, 2011 @ 5:42 AM

24. What wonderful news!! Especially for your new baby – he/she is so lucky to have you as parents. What a great life this little one will have.

Love you,

Aunt Granny

Comment by Aunt Granny — June 11, 2011 @ 7:25 AM

25. Congratulations! Very exciting news–best wishes! :)

Comment by BrandyK — June 11, 2011 @ 8:00 AM

26. Aww congratulations!! I hear that morning sickness is a sign of a healthy baby so keep that in mind (even if it’s not really true, we can pretened, right). I am at about 37 weeks in my pregnancy and I can understand where you are coming from when you don’t feel like cooking although my excuse is exhaustion, not sickness. I wish you both the best of luck and you blog when you can, girl. :)

Comment by Kelly — June 11, 2011 @ 8:37 AM

27. Congratulations! How awesome would it be if you ended up giving birth on Mozart’s birthday!? :)

Comment by Laura — June 11, 2011 @ 8:52 AM

28. Congratulations! I was really starting to worry about you. So excited to hear that you are pregnant. Sorry about the sickness, hopefully it will go away soon and you can thoroughly enjoy your pregnancy!

Comment by Cathy — June 11, 2011 @ 9:39 AM

29. Congrats! That is such exciting news!

Comment by Traci — June 11, 2011 @ 10:03 AM

30. You already know how very,VERY happy we are, and we pray each day for the Lord to bless the two of you and your little baby(Our Great Grand Baby !!!!! We are so happy for you both, and we love you so very much.
    Nana and Grandaddy

Comment by nana — June 11, 2011 @ 11:43 AM

31. Congrats to you both and your families. Such a fun and exciting time. I look forward to following you through all your cravings, hopefully they are good ones.

Comment by Caldwell Price — June 11, 2011 @ 4:00 PM

32. Awesome! Congratulations! Izzy will be a good sister.

Comment by thunja — June 12, 2011 @ 5:34 AM

33. We love you so much and can’t wait to hold our precious grandchild!

Comment by Mother — June 12, 2011 @ 9:23 AM

34. Congratulations Amy! I’ve been following your blog for a good few years now, but never commented before … and what better post to comment on than this one! I’m very happy for you both and very honored to be able to follow this amazing journey you’re embarking on. All the best :)

Comment by Pippa — June 12, 2011 @ 9:58 AM

35. Congratulations Amy! Here’s wishing for a easy 9 months and all of the nausea will vanish quickly! A little opera singer in the oven! Will Izzy be jealous? We hope not and again,
    CONGRATS!!!!

Comment by Jean — June 12, 2011 @ 11:57 AM

36. Congratulations! I hope you feel better very soon. I’m excited to follow your pregnancy journey and what you create back in the kitchen.

Comment by Laura — June 12, 2011 @ 12:56 PM

37. Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!

Comment by Kerry — June 12, 2011 @ 2:39 PM

38. Congratulations !!!!

Comment by Anna — June 13, 2011 @ 2:44 AM

39. Congratulations! What a wonderful piece of news!

Comment by Vickii — June 13, 2011 @ 5:55 AM

40. Congratulations :) It’s honestly one of the most exciting times in life, ever. I am also expecting, in fact, I only have 12 more weeks to go! It goes by SUPER fast and before you know it, you’ll be meeting your little one too. Excited to follow along on your adventure with you!

Comment by delishliving — June 13, 2011 @ 3:08 PM

41. Congratulations! Congratulations!

Comment by food librarian — June 13, 2011 @ 4:04 PM

42. congrats!!!i saw your new post the other day and freaked it! I am due the same day! but with numero dos! Looks like you could start adding toddler and baby friendly meals on here once your new addition arrives!

Comment by amanda — June 13, 2011 @ 8:42 PM

43. Congratulations!!!!

Comment by Amy B — June 13, 2011 @ 8:56 PM

44. COngratulations!!! Welcome to the world of parenthood. Cherish every minute, this time is such a special one, once you get over the nausea hehe. And you never know, your little one might still be born on W.A. Mozart’s birthday…

Comment by Nuts about Food — June 14, 2011 @ 5:47 AM

45. Congratulations!! I’m so happy for the both of you! I’m in Arlington, so don’t hesitate to let me know if you need anything, ok?!

Comment by Jess — June 14, 2011 @ 9:06 AM

46. Congratulations! I’m 12 weeks… with a due date of 12/25 right now. I’m still in the sick as a dog camp, but I hear the horizon is near. Good luck!

Comment by Amber — June 14, 2011 @ 4:05 PM

47. Congratulations! Get ready for the most amazing roller coaster ride of your life! I hope you start feeling better soon.

Comment by Stephanie — June 14, 2011 @ 7:49 PM

48. How wonderful! Your first pregnancy with your first child is an unimaginable experience. Try and enjoy every second of it! *well, every second besides the pukey ones!*

Comment by Nicole @ orwhateveryoudo.com — June 14, 2011 @ 11:50 PM

49. Congratulations!!!

Comment by Kate H. — June 15, 2011 @ 9:40 AM

50. Congrats Amy! I wish you, your husband and doggy the best of luck.

Comment by Eliana — June 16, 2011 @ 12:36 PM

51. yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! congrats! so excited for you!

Comment by natalie (the sweets life) — June 16, 2011 @ 3:09 PM

52. Happy Birthday Amy! And Happy Birth Day to come! :)

Comment by LaJuana — June 16, 2011 @ 3:54 PM

53. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so happy for y’all !!!!!!!!!!!:) VERY happy! CONGrATS;)

Comment by Abbi Kunce — June 16, 2011 @ 7:04 PM

54. Congrats!! So exciting! If your m/s gets really bad, zofran worked wonders for my m/s when I was pg with my daughter. Have a happy & healthy 9 months!

Comment by Laura — June 18, 2011 @ 1:02 PM

55. Your pregnant???????? Congrats!!!!!! Can you tell I am excited for you? We just found out 2 days ago we are having a baby girl IN October. I am ecstatic! I hope your sickness goes by quickly. I know the feeling. I am in my 2nd trimester and I am still getting sick, but apparently I am in a smaller category of those getting sick after the 1st trimester. PRayers for you!

Comment by Noelle — June 18, 2011 @ 4:08 PM

56. Congrats on your fabulous news! And its especially good luck for your due date…its my birthday!!! =) So i think that day is particularly wonderful

Take care,

B

Comment by Brooke @ Waiting to Rise — June 30, 2011 @ 3:00 PM

57. Congratulations! I just stumbled upon your blog. I am 18 weeks pregnant so I love to find others that are due around the same time. BTW, I love your blog!

Thanks Jenny! And Congratulations to you too!! How exciting!

Comment by Jenny — August 29, 2011 @ 3:38 PM